Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Harlequin Shirt part 6 - The Ruffle Shuffle

Ignore my Runaway Bride eyes and jammies
and everything else that's wrong with this picture.
No one else will be my model. 

I'm pretty much happy with this.

I bought big ribbon and then realized that i don't need big ribbon.
Commence cutting. 
Then I sewed the raw edge of the ribbon (and right sides together) onto the ... what's it called?
 The tutu material. But really, why can't I think of what it's called? I need some serious coffee. 

Then I folded it and sewed the other end on (like you would do with bias tape)
Two pieces with their ribbon edges. 
Baste stitching the two pieces right down the center. 
Baste stitching the two pieces right down the center. 


Once I got them together, I scrunched them up by pulling the back thread of the basted stitch.
Here's a tutorial if you want to know what the crap I'm talking about.  Then I sewed them scrunched to a black ribbon. 
And TADA! 
Ruff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment