Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Harlequin Shirt part 4. Sleeeeeeeves

I haven't dealt with the collar yet. I don't even.

But I'm on sleeve patrol.




I'm sure Edith Head taped her pattern mistakes,
 too. 

That face down there
 is why this is taking FOREVER 

And after a beer last night and several cups of coffee this morning, I think I've worked it out and am now on a roll.

Even though my husband asked if I was making a Zoolander costume...


Cannot stop laughing

Sleeve bottom before ironing into shape

Sleeve bottoms with ironed in hems



It's crooked because I don't want to have to make a trip to Jo-Ann's today to get more fabric.
C'mon, work out for me.

Puffed sleeves up next. Or possibly a trip to Jo-Ann's. 



Here's Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3

Like looking into the belly of the beast. Or a pin shark.


Here's the tutorial for puffed sleeves that I'm using. In case you didn't have enough stress and pin pricks  in your day, clicky there and you too can go make some effin' puffed sleeves. Hers look cuter than mine :(

image borrowed from www.danamadeit.com


2 comments:

  1. seriously rock star! and harumph - Zoolander! I say...well it was a funny movie, so I'll let it slide ;)

    I am sure your sleeves are cute too! Thank you for sharing the making of the shirt. *Squeal* <-- fangirl moment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're still excited. I would be a little wary of my nonsense if it were me.

      Okay, sleeve one to be sewn in now. And then probably ripped out and tried three more times.

      Delete