Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Harlequin Shirt- part 3 (the collar)

I have been stumped by this collar business. Not the huge, awesome, crinoline-esque, quintessential "COLLAR", just the stupid part that goes on the shirt to finish the neck part.



This is what happens when I get too excited and plan nothing out first.

Bronwyn (whose costume I'm currently messing up) and I had talked about like a mock turtleneck thing which would protect her neck from the big ruffle collar, but I haven't been able to work it out in my head.

I'm working with a very specific fabric pattern and I don't want her to look like a patchwork clown because I went ahead and cut everything out before thinking about the collar.

And now I've been thinking about this collar day and night to no avail. Everywhere I go, everything I do is me thinking about the collar.


Me at the beach thinking about collars. 

But then tonight it hit me. And I think it will be gorgeous!!


What if I pulled some Kermit the Frog action? Maybe layering a black underneath to keep the patterns neat?

I think I'm totally in love with this idea.

I feel so Project Runway!



But probably without so many points. I got really excited in my drawing. Just let it be. 

4 comments:

  1. Ugh. Now today I think I hate that idea.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust you...first impression this sort of scared me...BUT it has started to grow on me. Though if it won't look to janky I still think a mock or full turtleneck would be my first choice. And again I definitely - trust - you got this, "make it work" and all that fun stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm...hopefully that didn't sound snotty :( I am very excited to hear and see the progress and process!!

    I'm gonna go back to Doctor Who now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It didn't sound snotty at all and actually, I need your super honest opinion anyway because I don't want to screw this up. Lol.

    I'm abandoning the whole idea and I think I'm going to do a rounded neck like your other shirt and still with the turtleneck. It'll totally work.

    ReplyDelete